What is the best lens for Nikon D3300 you ask? The answer is: it depends on your subject and the objective of the shoot. Below is some the most common use case of camera lenses. Identify the most relevant for your needs.
- People/Portraits and events
- Travel and landscape
- Sports and action
- Nature and wildlife
- Macro and close-up
Although you can use one all-in-one lens for all of your photography needs, especially when you are just starting out, knowing your subject helps you narrow down your choices and find the best Nikon D3300 lens for you.
There are two types of lenses on the market for DSLRs: Prime lenses and zoom lenses.
Prime Lenses or fix-focal length lenses
- compact and easy to carry
- great in low light
- large aperture for soft background
- great for establishing, mid-range and close-up shots all in one lens
- let you zoom without moving your feet
- typically offer Vibration Reduction (VR), a technology that reduces vibration when shooting
Note that the lenses recommended below are considering the fact the Nikon D3300 is an entry level DSLR which assume you are relatively to photography.
Best Nikon D3300 Lenses Review
Best all-in-one lens
Portraits, Events, Travel
Travel, Macro and close up
Sports and action, portraits
Travel and landscape, nature and wildlife
Travel and landscape, video
If you plan on shooting documentary-style, where a tripod setup may be too restricting, VR is a must.
Best for macro and close up